Today we announced mobilEcho 3.0. This new release, which is available immediately from the Apple App Store (client) and our website (server), adds several critical components to mobilEcho. These components are a direct result of the feedback we have received from customers since the May launch of the initial mobilEcho product. This release not only greatly expands the number of devices we can run on; it also significantly expands the flexibility and the use of the product.
Let’s review a few of the key features:
• Now supports iPad and iPhone
o This has been something that has been requested by a number of our customers. mobilEcho can now be run on your iPhone. And we are not charging anything extra for this as we now license by user. So a user can have an iPad and iPhone and it’s one price.
• Comprehensive PDF preview and annotation providing users a completely secure method to review, comment, and annotate documents while meeting corporate security, compliance and governance standards (available on iPad only)
o This is a great feature for those security and compliance-aware organizations that do not want docs floating out of the security of the sandbox. This allows users to preview, annotate and provide commentary on PDFs and then put them back on the server.
• Direct access to the employee’s unique Active Directory assigned home directory.
o This makes the use of home directories much easier for IT and users. Enhances access to desktop documents.
• Support for automatic one-way sync from the server to the employee device, for easy access to the latest document changes when offline.
o This is a great feature for those one-to-many file distribution situations. The best examples are for a remote sales force where they need to access documents that are frequently changed. With the syncing capability, organizations can ensure that their mobile sales force, their service personnel or other similar groups, always have access to the most up to date information from their mobile devices.
• Centrally managed simplified device enrollment.
o With the larger installations (1000s of devices) this feature is imperative so that IT is not spending tons of time on deployment and implementation.
• Enhanced management features that include per-device status tracking, remote wipe and password reset.
o Again, functionality that will greatly simplify the management tasks for IT but also given them the tools that give them greater flexibility in their mobilEcho deployments.
There is more than this but I thought I’d just highlight some of the features that I think are most noteworthy.
And we are already working on our next release so we are very interested in hearing any feedback you may have. As I have mentioned before, our roadmap is guided by our customers and we are in constant discussions to prioritize the right feature/functions.
You can learn more about mobilEcho 3.0 at our webcast next week which is on Wednesday Nov 2 at 11 am EDT. You can register here.
As always, we look forward to hearing any feedback or comments.